About 70% of Earth’s surface is covered with water, 97% of which is composed of our oceans and is salted water, and the rest 3% is freshwater found in lakes and in glacier and polar caps. But where did all this water come from? Remnants of an old star Scientists believe that some of the […]Read More Where did the water on Earth come from?
Our sun was formed in a period of 30-50 million years, with the materials of a dead star. Most stars are formed inside a nebula, but through what does a star go before becoming a star? Stage 1: Protostar No nebulae have a uniform density. There always exist knots that are denser than other parts […]Read More How is a star born?
1. Training with Armageddon. NASA will show the Armageddon movie to its trainees and ask them to find as many scientific inaccuracies as possible. 2. There are a lot of NASA inventions that we use every day. A lot of the things that we use every day were invented by scientists at NASA. Some of […]Read More 15 Facts about NASA
The Falcon Heavy is SpaceX’s most ambitious project yet. The Falcon Heavy is a variant of an advanced version of the Falcon 9, with 2 additional Falcon 9 First stages as strap-on boosters. Elon Musk announced that the first launch of the rocket will take place in November 2017. While the Falcon 9 has one […]Read More SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy launch is scheduled for November.
Where did life come from on Earth? This is a common question asked by scientists, but it still doesn’t have a solid answer. There are a lot of theories, but today I will cover only the 3 most credible ones. 1. Life came from Mars. It is thought that life came from Mars, as rocks […]Read More Where did life come from on Earth?
Pluto is a dwarf planet, and it had this title from the year 2006. Even though it is still considered a planet, Pluto has only 70% the diameter and 0.17 the mass of the moon. But what other interesting things are known about Pluto? Pluto was discovered in the year 1930 by Clyde Tombaugh. It […]Read More Pluto, the forgotten planet
Andromeda is the closest galaxy to the Milky Way, at a distance of approx. 2.5 million light years away from us. Andromeda is 2.2 times bigger than our galaxy and contains about 1 trillion stars, compared to the 200-300 billion stars in the Milky Way. It was believed that Andromeda was a nebula until 1920. Andromeda […]Read More Andromeda
Pulsars are rotating neutron stars that emit a beam of electromagnetic radiation that is visible only if you stay in its path. These dead stars got their name because their emission appear to be pulsating in space. The creation of a pulsar is similar to that of a neutron star. A star, with the mass […]Read More Pulsars, the dead stars of the Universe
Humans are born every second, and our planet can’t sustain humanity for much longer. Earth’s population limit is at about 10 billion people. After that, there will appear serious problems with the availability of fresh water and food. It is estimated that Earth’s population will reach 10 billion by 2050. If Earth can’t support us […]Read More The best places for humanity to colonize in space
Light Speed (obviously) is the speed that light travels at. It is unimaginably fast, traveling at 300.000 km/s (186282 m/s). Even though this seems very fast it still takes 8 minutes and 20 second for light to travel from the Sun to Earth. A light year is equivalent to the distance that light travels in […]Read More The truth about light speed